Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Updte... as if anyone gives a shit.

Alright, to start things off I have a correction to make. In my blog entitled "Grrl Powered Cock Rock!" I mistakenly referred to bands such as WASP, Ratt, Poison etc. as "Power Metal." I realize that power metal is a legit, if equally cheesy, genre of metal and these hair bands have no right to be spoken in the same sentence as Stratovarius, Sonata Artica, Blind Guardian, etc. So I apologize, I need to learn how to proof read. As for the poster who remained anonymous and basically told me my view sucks and I am an idiot, well, fuck you and the birth canal that your mother spewed you from. In all seriousness, I am trying my best to see what I am mistaken on and where exactly my "politics delude reality." As human beings we have the mental capacity to break free from traditionally put upon gender roles and traits. Even if those gender roles and traits are defined by chemical reactions to incoming stimuli, it still doesn't mean we have to go back to men being men, women being women. The only thing that is truly different between myself and any woman walking the street is that I was ascribed a Y chromosome that gave me a penis and non lactating, undeveloped breasts. Everything else is societal, familial, and cultural (and yes, culture and society are different). Once again, I appreciate any and all comments, criticism and editing on these blog posts. I like new information being thrown my way. Just be prepared for a rude, snide, not to be taken seriously, colorful response. I like those.

Alright, now that that's off my chest, I'd like to take a poll. How's that economic stimulus working out for you? It should be happening right? I know that I'm definitely feeling it after only a few months of an Obama administration. It's not like these things take time or something. To be honest, I haven't kept up with the news as of late. I honestly have been wrapped up in my own world as my family has had a time of it. So I guess when I have something more important to write I will. Otherwise, go check out Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Tombs, and Psalters. I'm digging on all of them recently. Til next time.

No comments: