Search This Blog

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Coffee shops make me sleepy

Or maybe it's my lack of sleeping at night. Whatever. I've got a show on Friday (tomorrow) back in the old hometown of Colorado Springs. Good old Conservachristtown will be assaulted by the tunes of current musical endeavor, Ruins of Tomorrow, and former musical endeavor, Marriage of Convenience. In case you are wondering if playing with a band that I was ceremoniously kicked out off and quit simultaneously is weird much like this awkward sentence, the answer is no. So if you are anywhere near the 719 around 8 tomorrow night, go to Union Station, have a drink and see some metal. It's good for you.

On another note, I am recording the bass lines to a new Ruins of Tomorrow song on Saturday. So far it's sexilicious and no doubt the addition of mastering, bass and vocals will make it that much more enticing. Look for it to be up on the internets around late June-ish.

I've been spinning the recent Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky album and it sounds nothing like what you would expect it to with such a stupidly long name. Think short bursts of modern Floridian style brutal death metal and you've got an idea. Good stuff indeed. Also, the new Daath. I've talked about it before, but dammit did those guys pull out a good record!

Lastly, Pres. Obama has recently been wandering around the world trying to make friends. He has called for a "new beginning between US and Muslims," and stated that "Just as Muslims do not fit a crude stereotype, America is not the crude stereotype of a self-interested empire," in a recent Associated Press article. I can agree with half of that (not all Muslim people fit the stereotype, I'm sure) but America as a country, well, I wish I had a bullshit button. That's all the politics I'm going to do today, so until whenever, keep your nose clean.

No comments: