Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mayday! Mayday!

Alright, so my month long poetry-a-thon Didn't pan out as planned. However, I'm still going to try something here. First off, many of you know that I am a vegetarian. Well, I've decided for the month of May that I am going to attempt to go full fledged Vegan. Mostly, I'm doing it to try and get myself out of some bad eating and spending habits. So, it's kind of like a fast. Starting tomorrow and up until the 31st I will not consume a single animal byproduct. No cheese, no milk, no ice cream, no chocolate... I must be crazy. :P I do however think this will be a good thing for me though, get me back to eating better and not spending my money on Taco Bell or Qudoba.

With this though, I would like to extend an invitation for anyone who is interested to go vegan (or at least vegetarian) with me. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to go veg, or felt a pull to do it recently, this could be your place to start. Hey, I freakin' started because of Lent, so it's not that strange.

I'll be using this blog as a kind of weekly, maybe semi-daily journal to record my progress, my feelings, and other such reality-TV esque variables. So, come and watch me give up that last bastion of dietary normalcy! It'll be a fun ride!

Sad Day...


Goodbye... it's been fun...


Here! Fun link!

You know, just in case you need a reason to go veg. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures made me laugh. And yes, I am going to copy you. hehehe

Holly, Eddy and Sammy said...

I'd love to go vegan, but I love my cheese...there's a book I want to read called Skinny Bitch basically about being vegan...hopefully it can get me motivated again after I have the baby!

Anonymous said...

Cardinals rule
glad to see that hat...there is home for you my friend haha
and you are still a metal head

Best of luck to You, Dan
-Matt

Anonymous said...

I meant to put "HOPE", not home....or did I?