Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2007

California isn't all warm

I have been in the Bay area of California for the past couple of days and I must say that I am enjoying myself. Leaving Colorado on Friday was difficult, but I got excited as soon as I saw the bay and the Golden Gate bridge. I must preface this blog before I continue; I love my family very much. Now, on with the blog.

Saturday was my cousin Paul's wedding and he got married to someone who seems like a great fit and decent person. I don't know her, but from what the rest of my cousins have said, she's good. So I will believe them. It's been good to see family I haven't seen in probably 15 years. Yes, some of my cousins I haven't seen since they were little. I kind of wish that I would have been able to grow up with them as every time I'm around them, we always get along. There is something about being family that just gives you an instant connection. I like it. My "normal" family on the other hand... well I love them. Suffice it to say, I think this will be my last family vacation for a bit. There comes a point where you really just want to develop your own life. Not break ties, but I want to go travel and be off on my own. Or with my girlfriend. Both sound equally appealing (with the latter shining a little brighter). Anyway, I've come to realize that the idea of sunny warm California only applies to Southern California. Northern California is windy, cool (still sunny) and very beautiful. There are times where I get a good view of the surroundings and I think to pictures of the Mediterranean Sea. I am finding myself falling in severe like with the topography.

My thoughts still fall though with the rest of the summer. I am gone from my home at this point until August 14th and as hard as I try I can not get excited about it. Perhaps when it all happens and I am there, my attitude will change. I hope so, I really do. It's going to be an experience that's for sure. My thoughts haven't changed since my last blog so read below if you want.

This time between 9 and 11 is my only personal time. I need this private time. If for nothing else to de-compress. To spend it how I will. To call up that cute girl living three states away, to think, to walk. To listen to silent (or in this case not so silent) wind. Yes, I quote King's X often. I will now bid adieu as I go to sit outside, look at the black sky, and feel the salt breeze kiss my sense of smell.

1 comment:

Third Impact said...

But the real question: What do you think of the food out there?