Search This Blog

Monday, August 07, 2006

Something, everything, nothing

"I've read confusing fiction
And lived a contradiction
And I've wondered where on earth I've been
I've known a love forever
A Truth I couldn't sever..."


These are some lines from one of my favorite King's X songs "Life Going By" I won't repsot the entire song as there isn't much need to but I've had a few interesting experiences and one very life changing event this past weekend. First the experiences.

Friday night I went to a very different concert. It was at a Messianic Jewish synagog and it was a group known as "The Liberated Wailing Wall" which is in connection with Jews for Jesus an organization that seeks to bring the message of "Yeshua" (Jesus for all us Gentiles) to the Jewish people. It was quite a different experience listenning to worship songs done in a modern meets tradtional Jewish folk music style (and if that confuses you, well skip ahead). All in all though it was quite a fun and different experience. However, this is nothing compared to with what happened the next morning.

Saturday I went back to the synagog for, well, synagog. It was quite different being a mix of the traditional and the modern but really it was quite cool. I was a bit caught off gaurd with the whole thing but you know it never really felt awkward. Part of that though had to have been how welcome I was made to feel by the people there (which apparently 75% of is my friend Liz's family; thanks again for inviting me Liz.). I will say, it was very, very cool how people actually got up and danced during the worship time (and not in a scary, charasmatic, falling on floors way). I have some more thoughts on it, but I'm still shifting through them. However Sunday was the "life-changing event" I spoke of. Here it is,

I've left Marriage of Convenience.

This is not a decision that I've come to lightly, believe me. I've been wrestling with this all summer (even a little longer actually). I've also probably made the lady who does my financial aid at UNC crazy with my, "I'm staying/I'm leaving" bi-weekly phone calls. In the end, I've decided to stay at UNC because there is a lot up there I am leaving. One, I'm leaving a very good school, one I've done well at. Two, I'm leaving a lot of people that I will sorely miss and three I have my school paid for free of debt right now and that is hard to come by. I have a good church up there, good friends, and yet I've realized that my returning up there is not coming at a small price. It's quite a big one actually. I'm leaving a band I love playing in (though thankfully the guys are very understanding and are not mad at me) and I've made some friends (well ok one) that I will be sad not to be able to hang out with due to the distance. I also feel that God has something for me in Greeley, some reason to be there. I'm not sure what that is yet, but I gotta have faith that it will be revealed to me.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Have a good day everyone. Oh, and a new blog of my "twisted" thoughts will appear soon.

1 comment:

Mike and Vicki said...

I know others who have visited the Jews for Jesus synagogs and loved it. I am glad to hear you are going back to school... we wish you well. Keep us posted on what the Lord shows you while you are there... He does have big plans for you Daniel... we have always known that. Keep in touch... blessings to you!!